Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Painting Pics

As usual I forgot to take some "before" pictures. But anyway this is the color that we painted on the walls. It's about two shades darker than what was previously on them. You can see the original color in the third picture on the wall where the potty seat is and going up the stairs, because we haven't painted over that portion yet.
We plan to paint the entire house only we are breaking it up in sections so we don't kill ourselves all at once. We've painted the girls room upstairs already, but we'll continue this paint color in the loft, down the halls and in our bedroom. Not sure what color we will to change to in the boys bedroom.
After 4 1/2 years of this old paint scheme I was tired of it and painting really is the cheapest way to update a room. We are also repainting all the baseboards and door frames with a nice glossy white. I can't believe how amazing it looks to have freshly painted baseboards! Who would've thought.

Looking into the dining room

The Kitchen

Living room (note the original color on the wall going up the stairs)



Living room (Joel is posing for me)

4 comments:

  1. oh I LOVE it! That is exactly the color I have been wanting for our living room walls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your Christmas pics, I've never heard of Club Penguin. The painting looks great, I love the darker gray color, it looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rooms look GREAT! I really like the color although I don't envy you having to paint that stair-well!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend almost got the same clock above your entertainment center!

    http://olderandwisor.blogspot.com/2009/07/popularity-contest.html

    Have you thought about painting the hands either white or black to match better than the gold?

    ReplyDelete